4200 – 1700 years B.C. (The Neolithic Age) the oldest known traces of people’s presence in place of present Brzeg
about 990 A.D. the incorporation of Silesia into Polish lands subordinate to Mieszko I.
X – XII c the settlement of Brzeg – an economic base for the town of Ryczyn .
1138 the Brzeg area incorporated into the Wroclaw Duchy .
about 1215 the beginning of hospital of Holy Spirit construction.
21 XII 1234 first mention of the settlement  „Wissoke brzegh” and of the court of the Wroclaw dukes existing there .
IV 1241 the Mongol squads heading for Legnica passed the neighbourhood of Brzeg
1248 the conferment of The Sredz Municipal Right by duke of Wroclaw Henryk III
1250 the confirmation of location privilege by duke Henryk III
about 1300 the beginning of the Holiest Mary’s church and the town hall tower construction
spring 1309 a great fire consumed above the others merchants’ chambers in the market square
1311 – 1675 Brzeg as the residential town of the Legnica and Brzeg Piasts
about 1320 the beginning of the town hall construction
20 VI 1322 the repurchase by townsmen of so far hereditary aldermanship
19 VIII 1327 levelling of the rights of Brzeg and Wroclaw and replacing at the same time the former Sredz Right with the Magdeburg Right
1329 paying of homage to the Czech kingJanLucembursky by duke of Brzeg and Legnica Boleslaw III Rozrzutny / Brzeg went under the Czech’s rule /the conferment of wine licence privilege
1350 the beginnings of the town hall and the church of St Jadwiga
1356 the town board purchased by townsmen from the duke
1427 – 1432 the Hussites plunder and burn Brzeg
5 VI 1443 a strong earthquake which hit Southern Poland caused destructions in Brzeg’s buildings (above the others the vault of parish church collapsed)
1473 great drought: the cause of hunger and water shortages
1523 converting to Protestantism of duke Fryderyk II and his subjects
1526 the beginning of Hapsburg rule of Brzeg
1547 – 1560 the conversion of the Gothic castle into a Renaissance residence
6 IX 1569 a great fire consumed 69 houses at 9 streets
1570 the beginning of conversion of the Gothic town hall into the Renaissance style
5 IX 1619 419 buildings burnt down in a great fire
1642 the siege of Brzeg by the Swedes
21 XI 1675 the death of Jerzy Wilhelm – the last Piast of male line
1689 the first cloth workshop in Brzeg
1699    a great fire destroyed approximately 300 buildings in the town
1734 -1745 the Rising of the Holy Cross church construction
1736 Brzeg’s clothiers received emperor Charles VI Hapsburg’s consent for establishing a clothshop in Vienna
4 V 1741 the capture of the town by the Prussians after the victory over Austrians in the battle of      Malujowice (10 IV 1741)
1748 first ever lock on the River Odra built in Brzeg
1756 – 1807 Brzeg: the capital of Prussian Upper Silesia administrative district
XII 1757 Austrian troops of duke Franz von Lothringenstationed in the neighbourhood of the town
2 VIII 1761 the attack of the Russian artillery on the town
2nd part of 18th century the foundation of a branch of the Royal Bank
January 1783 the suburbs of Brzeg flooded
19 VIII 1801 a fire destroyed one of the castle wings, the roof of Jesuit church and roofs of a dozen or so buildings in its neighbourhood
16 I 1807 the capture of the town by the Napoleon allied Bavarian troops
19 II 1807 the beginning of demolishing (by Napoleon’s order) of the medieval defensive walls
7 III 1809 the recapture of Brzeg by the Prussian troops
1810 the appearance of first issues of „Brieger Burgerfreund” and „Brieger Wochenblatt”
1819 the foundation one of the first in Silesia public savings banks
1842 the first railway service connection with Wroclaw
summer 1902. and 1903 great floods of parts of the town situated by the River Odra
1909 the opening of the navigational canal in the northern part of the town
1914 – 1922 Brzeg – a garrison town
1916 the beginning of airfield construction near the village of Skarbimierz
September 1939 the Nazi airplanes took off from Brzeg airfield to attack Poland
6 II 1945 the capture of the town by the Soviet troops
30 IV 1945 the Office of the Proxy of the Republic of Poland Government created in Brzeg
9 V 1945 the civil control over the town handed over by the Soviet headquarters to Polish administration
28 VI 1950 incorporating of Brzeg into a newly created Province of Opole
May 1966 „Brzeg developments” – a brutal removal of priests from the parish house by the church of the Rising of the Holy Cross as well as the persecution of town residents by the police and secret police.
1966 –1990 the complex reconstruction of the castle
1 VI 1975 the liquidation of Brzeg County
3 XII 1981 the arrests of the activists of Brzeg’s Solidarity in the connection with the Martial Law introduction in Poland by Jaruzelski’s regime
June 1983 the flight of the helicopter with Pope John Paul II aboard over the town on the way from Wroclaw to St. Anne Mountain
1989 – 1999 the time of structural transformation and development of local administration as well as fundamental transformations in the economic and political spheres of Brzeg.
October 1994 a visit of the last president of the Republic of Poland on the exile – Ryszard Kaczorowski and Jan Nowak – Jeziorañski
July 1997 the biggest flood of the River Odra in 20th century – the northern part of the town suffered
1998 celebrations of 750th anniversary of the town
10 III 1998 next visit of the last president of the Republic of Poland on the exile – Ryszard Kaczorowski
24 IX 1998 a visit by the Prime Minister Jerzy Buzek in Brzeg
1 I 1999 the establishing of new Brzeg County (with the areas of Upper Silesia in the Communes of Lewin Brzeski and Grodkow).